Friday 2 November 2012

Butter-cream frosting

Been trial and error for the butter-cream frosting. I'd failed two times and finally succeeded for the 3rd time! Yippie!
For the first two times, it's either too 'watery'; can't really 'frost'/stick the layer very well or it's really toooo sweet. :D
Nevertheless, I still manage to find the yummilious recipe online. Special thanks to The Kitchen Magpie for the great sharing.

And you will be very happy to know that it's super easy to make too! :)

Anyway, here is the ingredients you'd need for the butter-cream frosting:



  • 1 cup of the salted butter (room temperatureand I used it all!
  • 3 teaspoons of the vanilla essence
  • 1/2 bowl of icing sugar (I used IKEA children tableware bowl - those colorful bowl, make it 1/2 of the bowl (or lesser), anyway it's up to your sweet tooth preferenceSee below for the sample picture.
  • 4 - 5 table spoons of the coffee cream (room temperature)
Hmmm... not this. It's the previous old one. 

Method:
  • whip butter with the mixer (room temperature)
  • add in the icing sugar.
  • add in the 4 - 5 table spoons of coffee cream (room temperature)
  • lastly, 3 teaspoons of the vanilla essence.
Note: Stiffer icing = less cream. <-- I prefer this texture. :)
Whippier buttercream icing = more cream.


And Ta-dah! I love the taste. Heavenly home-made butter-cream frosting 
with sweetness and bit of saltiness. <3


Please pardon the frosting part. I know it's ugly. :P


2 comments:

  1. Love the cake and so glad you enjoyed the icing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for dropping by!! I'm going to try your other recipes as well! :) Thanks for your detail sharing, I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete