Thursday 29 November 2012

Cake pops

Ever seen a very cute cake pop created by a lady named Bakerella on my Flickr account two years back. But then, at that time, I was only being attracted by her nicely-taken cake pops' photos and not the cake, lol! Gone are the days when I'd devoted my time for work. Now I'm absolutely madly in love with baking. Blissful~

It had never came across to my mind that one day I'm making my own cake pops and or; baking. Life is incredibly unpredictable. It might sounds insane to you but to me.. it means a lot. ;)

To make a cake pop, you would need a cake, any flavors. (I'd baked a 9" round chocolate cake) It could be muffins, cupcakes and etc. Use your clean hands to crumble your cake into small crumbs. And then add some home-made frosting, bread jam or nutella of two tablespoons at a time to have the consistency of a dough-like.

Use a large ice-cream scoop or tablespoon (2x) to have all cake pops at same amount or size. Melt small amount of the chocolate to stick the lollipop sticks into the cake balls. It acts like a glue. When all done, freeze them for about 10-15 min or 20-30 min for refrigeration. Melt the candy melt or dark/white chocolate beforehand you takes them out for dipping.

Also, get ready your sprinkles for decorations afterwards. :)

Cake balls

Melt the white/dark chocolate. (Chocolate compound types)

Lovely sprinkles~ 

End product

Munch!

They love it.

Keep them refrigerated when you can't finished.

Note: I've skipped taking photos of certain processes as I'm the food maker, as well a Photographer. At this moment like that, I can't multitask. lol. But... I will try next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment